Friday, April 25, 2008

In My Mynd...

While I prefer to be conscious about what I consume and generally look down on those who shamelessly drive Hummers and build mcmansions, I believe I'm coming to a crossroads of sorts with the money, work, consumption issue. I'm starting to view it as a heart issue, rather than accessing by the appearance of the situation. Looking at it Biblically, it seems that wealth was not the issue, (obviously) and that the balance of one's life was. I'm still wanting to build eco-friendly everything but realizing that not everyone is me... pity, isn't it.

1 comment:

Paul David McComas said...

Spiderman said it best. With great power (money) comes great responsibility. Acquiring it is often the easier part. Knowing what to do with it to serve others and further His kingdom is the much harder part of the equation. Cursed is the servent who buries the talents and hands them back when the master returns.