Friday, March 14, 2008

Community = $

I think Paul's on to something. Yes, the whole christian website thing has been going on for years but an actual christian myspace... that's a great thought. I'm not seeing any ideological issues with it. It's not marketing Jesus, it's bringing people of common purpose together in community. I have to admit that I'm already sick of the word community so I'm going to use a thesaurical replacement (co@#$%^&*ty). That seems to create a buzz of activity in my head when I read that as opposed to thinking, blah...blah... community. It's kinda like talking about post-modernism. As soon as it's tagged by the church it's over, eh? How about post-co@#$%^&*ty gatherings?
New subject.
I got a "friend" request from the Dwell Co@#$%^&*ty I belong to (Dwell Mag.) and the guy was a D-Star fan'ish who had a friend on the Bravo show Top Design. He wanted me to check out the website of the company he works for who designs super high end edgy rugs. I responded to him by saying that the rugs were "zap"... way fresh! The term "zap" to my knowledge is not currently (nor has it ever been) used by anyone as a synonym for cool. I just figured I'd start using some of my own lingo to see if I could start something with my celebrity status. No good reason... it just came to mind so I tried it. Well, when he responded to my statement he said he had checked out my website and that it too was "zap". Yea... I'm an innovator! Ok maybe I'm overstating my case but damn it feels good to be the inspiration for a movement as significant as "zap"... oh, hey gotta go. I've got Al Gore on the line wanting to brainstorm about some worldwide thing where you can find all kinds of info and access it from your computer anywhere in the world. Great minds... right?

3 comments:

Stuart Hepler said...

tym, that blog was so zap!

Eric Spreng said...

the zappest mother zapper that i've ever seen! awl zaps!

JDillon said...

"First of all I'd like to thank Al Gore for this award...Nothing is impossible with Al..."

right stuart?