Thursday, March 6, 2008

First Post to Retraction in Record Time

First of all, Sellouot is Paul. Secondly, allow me this explanation. I am finally excited about blogging because I am doing it with a group of guys who I know will challenge me and bring to my attention thoughts and links that force me to grow, the whole iron sharpening thing. I needed to write that first post and select that moniker as a confessional because I was preparing to jump in with both feet into a medium that I once ridiculed. So it was more of a soul cleansing exercise for me. I will never apologize however for my word selection. Anyone can keep thesaurus.com open as they write, just like I do. OK, thanks for allowing me the room to purge my hypocrisy. I am excited about our blogging experiment and just needed to begin with some honesty.

4 comments:

Eric Spreng said...

to my mind, blogging is indeed 'soul-cleansing.' very apt word selection, paul. and two thumbs up for the timely retraction. actually, it reminds me of another recent incident involving retractions, blogging, and our lovely city (you guys should seriously click on that link. there is an incredible story awaiting you...)

Stuart Hepler said...

paul you may have a career in politics someday or professional baseball

JDillon said...

it's ok to change your mind in life, some people call it hypocrisy, others simply call it progress, or simpler yet...changing your mind, which by the way, in politics is not allowed. one must decide their position early in a career and then defend that til death. if they change their minds on an issue they spend the rest of their life being referred to as hypocrits...im rambling, peace

Joshua said...

Welcome to blogging Paul. It's really great to have our friendship move across realms into an internet reality.